Protecting Webster Groves’ interests regionally and statewide
Gerry Welch believes that Webster Groves’ mayor has a responsibility to lead not only within the city, but also in the region and state. This helps keep government strong at the local level, close to the people it serves, for better efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability.
When regional and state decisions are being made that impact Webster Groves and its citizens, Mayor Welch is at the table, fighting to protect all we have built here.
Mayor Welch has led task forces and committees and has served on boards of innumerable local, regional, and state organizations.
Gerry has a record of respected leadership in the St. Louis region and statewide:
- St. Louis County Municipal League, current board member and past president
- Missouri Municipal League, current board member and past president
- Metropolitan Mayors of St. Louis, current president
- Missouri Mayors Statewide, co-founder and member
- CitiesStrong, current vice president
- East-West Gateway Council of Governments, past board member
Gerry has also been recognized with several statewide and other awards including:
- Buzz Westfall Award for Excellence in Local Government
- MML Distinguished Service Award for Statewide Leadership and Service
- Missouri Parks and Recreation Association, Public Official Achievement Award
- Missouri Art Education Association, Otto Bean Art Advocacy Award
- Webster Groves-Shrewsbury-Rock Hill Chamber of Commerce, Heart of Gold Award
- Seton Hill College, Distinguished Alum Leadership Award